Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Three Little Candles

Normally, I'm not a huge scented candle fan.  They give me and two of my kids migraines.  BUT when Wendy from Country Crafts n Candie approached me to trade, I couldn't resist her adorable shop and delicious candles.  I got three candles from her and planned to use one with fingers crossed there would be no migraines and save the other two for gifts.  Well, I couldn't resist the Iced Cinnamon Roll candle which looked like this when I got it:

I lit it and it burned all day and the smell was heavenly but not sickeningly overpowering like some candles.  I burned it the next day too and NO migraines for anyone!  It doesn't look like a cinnamon roll anymore but it still has alot of life and scent left.

So I caved today and lit this one:
It is heavenly.  I think it will burn forever.  Anyway, there's one left and I'm trying to hold out and give it to my mom when she comes out later this month to take care of me after surgery. 

Anyhow, here's how the candles look now. You can see I have burned the cinnamon roll down to a lovely caramel squuare and the little wax gingerbread man finally took the final plunge into the hot wax.   I plan to burn them till there is nothing left.

Click the link above to visit her shop.  You wont be dissapointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment