Thursday, April 7, 2011

Charlotte and Bethany's Nursing Cape

My sister, Charlotte asked me a few months ago if I'd ever heard of a Hooter Hider.  Huh?  It's been a while since I breastfed a baby (my youngest is 9) and I always just held a recieving blanket in my teeth while I hooked baby up and then draped it over my shoulder (hoping baby wouldn't rip it off, which they always did.)

So she asked me to make her one (she gave birth to her 4th a couple months ago), with boning in the neck (for eye contact with baby) and terry cloth corners to wipe away those milk dribbles that leak from the corners of baby's mouth.  I did some research, bought some fabric and got to work. 

And here is the finished project.  It was quite easy.  Now I need to get her burp cloths made.  Oh, and I did a double layer of flannel instead of terry cloth for the corners.  Flannel is soft and absorbent and much cuter than terry cloth.  And you can also use the corners as little pockets.





I hope you and Bethany like it!

1 comment: